Your safety is the most important to usCategories: Articles | News
Do be in touch with your own care team should you have any concerns. It is important not to stop going to treatments without discussing your situation with your doctor.
At Docrates, we have adapted our way of working from very early on during the pandemic, to ensure the safety of both our patients and our staff. Our staff members have been trained to detect and control infectious diseases. There have been no corona infections at our hospital.
Despite of the possible travel restrictions, it is allowed to come to Finland and Docrates for cancer treatment. Please ask more, our booking team will gladly help you with all the questions.
The following procedures are in place in order to ensure the safety of our patients:
- We recommend remote consulatiotions to as many patients as possible.
- We screen all patients at the hospital twice, to find out possible symptoms and other links to corona patients.
- Family members and friends are asked to wait outside the hospital. Note: As of June 23rd, patients can bring one family member or friend to the hospital.
- Entire staff wears masks.
- Also our patients will be provided with a mask during their visit.
- Our hospital staff wear technical outifts made of dirt and bacteria resistant materials.
- We ensure the safety of our staff members in several ways. For example, we have increased the number of lunch areas in order to allow only a few staff members in any one room at the same time. Also our locker rooms can be entered only a few persons at a time.
- Those staff members that have been in the same room with each other shall write down their name and time, so in the case of a possible infection, we can easily track down all necessary staff members without delay.
- The doctors consult each other remotely, avoiding all unnecessary contacts.
- We have invested in ultrasound equipment to disinfect mobile phones and other small items.
- We have increased and strengthened our cleaning procedures in order to keep door handles, keyboards etc clean.
- Besides the necessary medical staff, the other staff members of the hospital are working remotely.
- To prepare for a suspected virus infection, we have made precise plans for isolation.
- Early on in February-March, all larger gatherings and events were canceled.
All our international patients must have a document of negative result from Covid-19 virus test no older than 4 days (test taken max. 4 days earlier) when entering the hospital. If you are not able to take Covid-19 virus test in your home country, we can arrange test for you with our partner in Helsinki. In that case you should enter to Finland 1-2 days prior to entering the Hospital. Ask more from our booking team.
Countries that has travel restrictions with Finland, read more here: https://www.raja.fi/current_issues/guidelines_for_border_traffic
With these comprehensive procedures in place we want to ensure the safety of our cancer patients. It is safe to continue getting treated at Docrates. Should you have concerns about the continuance of your treatments, please do contact us.