Specialist in Medical Oncology, University of Tampere 2002
Ph.D., University of Tampere 1996
- HUS Comprehensive Cancer Center, Head of Department, Urological cancers 2017-
- Docrates Cancer Center, Specialist in Medical Oncology 2014 -
- Tampere University Medical School, Senior Lecturer 2004-2017
- Tampere University Hospital, Department of Oncology, Consultant in Radiotherapy and Medical Oncology 2002-2017
- Roche, Medical Advisor / Head of Medical Managers 2006-2010
Hervonen has worked for over 20 years in cancer treatment at Tampere University Hospital. He has participated in numerous international studies and worked as a university teacher, trainer, lecturer and expert in the development of chemotherapy for urological cancers in particular.
In 2017, Hervonen transferred to the Helsinki University Hospital Comprehensive Cancer Center as the Physician In Charge of the ward at the Outpatient Clinic for Urologic Oncology, together with top professionals from the HUS Cancer Center and the Department of Urology bringing the latest university-level knowledge and skills to patient care.