Do you think it might be cancer?
Cancer can be symptomatic in many ways. On the other hand, cancer can also be asymptomatic, especially in the early stages.
Docrates Cancer Center specialises in the diagnosis, treatment and follow-up care of cancer. Located in Finland’s capital, Helsinki, this state-of-the-art hospital is conveniently located offering direct access from major cities. An appointment with a specialist is arranged within just a few days, which means treatment can begin without delay – a vitally important factor in cancer treatment.
At Docrates, appointments with a specialist and further assessments are available right away. No referral is required.
We recommend a visit to the clinic, should you notice any of the following:
- a lump, or area of tissue that feels unusual
- retraction of the nipple
- a skin lesion or a mole that has grown or changed
- an ulcer on the skin or mucosa that is not healing well
- persistent cough or hoarseness
- trouble swallowing or persistent heartburn
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- blood in urine, stools or sputum
- changes in urination or passing stools
- persistent headaches, dizziness, eyesight disorders or nausea
- diffuse pain that radiates to the back or shoulders
- unexplained decline in general health or unexplained weight loss
Breakthroughs in the treatment of metastatic breast cancer
New forms of drug therapy can almost double the life expectancy of patients with advanced breast cancer and allow treatment...Read more
Docrates Cancer Center has appointed Anna-Sofia Malmi as Marketing and Communications Director
Anna-Sofia Malmi, M.Sc (Education), has been appointed as Marketing and Communications Director at Docrates Cancer Center and a member of...Read more
Accurate information on aggressiveness and tumor staging form the basis for prostate cancer treatment
In western countries, prostate cancer is the most common cancer type in men. In its early stages, it is often...Read more
Should low-risk prostate cancer be left to active monitoring?
Active treatment vs. monitoring of localised low-risk prostate cancer has long been a contested topic. According to the results of...Read more
Why come to Docrates Cancer Center?
- Top cancer experts and effective treatments without delay.
- Individual care. You have your own care team - your doctor and your nurse.
- Front line cancer treatment. Latest medical technology combined with proven expertise in cancer care.
- Experience in treating international patients from over 60 countries. Multilingual personnel.