Do you think it might be cancer?
Cancer can be symptomatic in many ways. On the other hand, cancer can also be asymptomatic, especially in the early stages.
Docrates Cancer Center specialises in the diagnosis, treatment and follow-up care of cancer. Located in Finland’s capital, Helsinki, this state-of-the-art hospital is conveniently located offering direct access from major cities. An appointment with a specialist is arranged within just a few days, which means treatment can begin without delay – a vitally important factor in cancer treatment.
At Docrates, appointments with a specialist and further assessments are available right away. No referral is required.
We recommend a visit to the clinic, should you notice any of the following:
- a lump, or area of tissue that feels unusual
- retraction of the nipple
- a skin lesion or a mole that has grown or changed
- an ulcer on the skin or mucosa that is not healing well
- persistent cough or hoarseness
- trouble swallowing or persistent heartburn
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- blood in urine, stools or sputum
- changes in urination or passing stools
- persistent headaches, dizziness, eyesight disorders or nausea
- diffuse pain that radiates to the back or shoulders
- unexplained decline in general health or unexplained weight loss
Colorectal cancer is a common but rarely talked-about disease
Colorectal cancer is the second most common cancer in Finland, and its level of incidence is increasing. Lifestyles and the...Read more
Breakthroughs in follow-up cancer diagnostics: Recurring cancer can be detected before it reaches full speed
20.4.2023 | A liquid biopsy using markers released into the bloodstream by cancer cells can reveal the possible recurrence of...Read more
Internal radiotherapy is an effective method of treatment for metastatic prostate cancer
14.3.2023 | Docrates Cancer Center studied the effectiveness of 177Lu-PSMA treatment with a 4-week treatment interval for patients with metastatic...Read more
The number of insured patients has more than tripled in five years
9.3.2023 | In 2022, nearly 30% of revenue generated by Docrates Cancer Center’s Finnish patients came from insurance company customers,...Read more
Why come to Docrates Cancer Center?
- Top cancer experts and effective treatments without delay.
- Individual care. You have your own care team - your doctor and your nurse.
- Front line cancer treatment. Latest medical technology combined with proven expertise in cancer care.
- Experience in treating international patients from over 60 countries. Multilingual personnel.
Mon-Thu 8 am-6 pm, Fri 8 am-4 pm (local time)