Specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiotherapy
M.D., P.h.D., Adj.Prof.
All cancers, especially gastrointestinal cancers, gastrointestinal stromal tumors and neuroendocrine tumors. Chemotherapy.
Doctor's appointments and chemotherapy.
Finnish, Swedish, English, Norwegian, German
Pedagogical Competence, University of Helsinki 2015
Specialist Management Competence, The Finnish Medical Association (FMA) 2014
Adjunct Professor in Medical Oncology and Radiotherapy, University of Helsinki 2014
M.D., Ph.D., University of Helsinki 2004
Specialist in Medical Oncology, University of Helsinki 2004
M.D., University of Helsinki 1993
- Docrates Cancer Center, Specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiotherapy 2016-
- Tampere University Hospital, Specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiotherapy 2016-
- HUH Comprehensive Cancer Center, Head of Department, Specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiotherapy 2015-2016
- University of Helsinki, University lecturer/HUH Department of Oncology, Specialist in Medical Oncology part-time 2008-2014
- HUH Department of Oncology, Specialist in Medical Oncology/Specialising Physician 1996-2008
During her career as Oncologist Pia Österlund has been interested in the quality of life of cancer patients during treatments. Her research has focused on examining the mechanisms and treatment methods of side effects. Treatment development is also a special interest of Österlund's. Österlund’s group also conducts research on nutrition and prognostic factors.
Memberships and positions of trust
ASCO (virtual faculty), ESMO (GI-faculty, global curriculum, nomination committee), ESDO, ESPEN, FISPEN, SLL, DUODECIM