Please contact us, we'll be happy to help
Docrates Cancer Center is a Finnish hospital specializing in the diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of cancer in Ruoholahti, Helsinki. We offer the opportunity to get to the top cancer professionals quickly without a referral, which also means starting treatments without delay.
Even during an epidemic, our hospital is safe and open to you. There has not been a single case of coronavirus disease in the hospital. Our staff is trained to screen and manage infectious diseases. Read more here.
You can also get to the office of a cancer specialist quickly and without a referral, through remote consultations. Further studies in Helsinki and treatments will be arranged quickly. During an epidemic, we primarily recommend remote consultations to all our patients. We arrange a specialist’s remote appointment by phone or video connection. Our caregivers will also help you remotely. Read more about remote receptions here.
In order to offer each patient the opportunity to reach our reception as soon as possible, we kindly ask you to make any cancellations already booked no later than 24 hours before the reception. For non-cancellable or canceled less than 24 hours, we will charge the full price. The cancellation policy applies to all our forms of reception. Clinic fee will be charged when canceling a confirmed booking.
For a new patient
Before the first visit, we ask you to provide us with medical reports as well as any pathologist statements, pictures and laboratory results. We can also order them from the hospital that treated you on your behalf, provided we get your written consent. This speeds up access to documents and ensures that the necessary information is available at the first visit. Read more.
00180 Helsinki, Finland
How to get to the clinic
- Metro (Ruoholahti), walk to the hospital about 600 m
- Tram number 8 runs in front of Ruoholahti metro station and stops right in front of Docrates (stop name: Crusellinsilta) walk 20 m | Tram number 9 can be reached from the West Harbor from the Länsisatamankatu stop (stop name: Saukonpaasi), about 200 m from the stop to the hospital.
- Helsinki City buses from the center: 20, 21V, 65A, 66A (stop name: Länsiväylä, walk approx.
- A taxi rank is located right next to the metro station (Itämerenkatu 14)
The main entrance is on the canal side, address Saukonpaadenranta 2. Those arriving by car can use the free parking garage, which is driven from the Messipojankunja side. Guest slots can be found right on the first level. Parking slots are limited. There are also parking slots on the nearby streets. Please notice that there might be need to use a parking disc and/or pay for the parking on a street.
Cancer and Coronavirus – FAQ
The coronavirus is a concern among cancer patients. We listed the most common concerns and the answers to them.Read more
One type of cancer is distinct from others due to its painfulness—these everyday methods can alleviate the pain, and sauna is not necessarily one of them
As cancer becomes metastasised, it typically causes more pain. Oncologist Olga Maslennikova from Docrates Cancer Center shares the best ways...Read more
Christmas and public holiday opening hours
Docrates is open, and we are here for you even during Christmas time. See our Christmas and public holiday opening...Read more
Confusion and fear of death are present when a cancer diagnosis is made
Looking after the mental well-being of someone who has been diagnosed with cancer is an essential part of recovery from...Read more
Why come to Docrates Cancer Center?
- Top cancer experts and effective treatments without delay even during epidemic.
- Individual care. You have your own care team - your doctor and your nurse.
- Front line cancer treatment. Latest medical technology combined with proven expertise in cancer care.
- Experience in treating international patients from over 60 countries. Multilingual personnel.