Chief Clinical Director, Personalized Oncology
Specialist in Medical Oncology, M.D., Ph.D.
All cancer types, especially breast cancer, lung cancer and intestine cancer, melanoma, rare tumor types.
Clinical drug trials, radiotherapy, analysing of gene profiling results.
Ph.D., Tampere University 1996
M.D., Tampere University 1994
- Docrates Cancer Center, Chief Physician (Personalized Oncology) 2019-
- Central Finland Central Hospital, Jyväskylä, Head of Department, Oncology 2016-2019
- Tampere University Hospital, Central Finland Central Hospital, Jyväskylä, Oncologist 2011-2015
- Research and product development within biomedical technologies (genome research), 2000-2008
- Basel, Switzerland, Preclinical cancer drug trial research, Research Group Leader 2000-2003
- NHGRI, NIH, Bethesda, USA, Cancer genomics research, Research Group Leader 1999-2000
Inventing tissue micro array method.
Kononen's research work have vast citations in international scientific publications.