Hypofractionated stereotactic radiotherapy in the treatment of metastases
Stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) is well suited for the palliative treatment of metastases in the brain, liver, lungs and sometimes also in the bones.
Hypofractionated stereotactic radiotherapy effectively destroys local metastases. Radiotherapy is often given for metastases after chemotherapy to stabilise the disease. In this way, the disease can be controlled without further chemotherapy.
Oncologists in Finland have long been using hypofractionated stereotactic radiotherapy with great success. In the treatment of metastases, the patient may be given 1 to 5 hypofractionated high-dose radiotherapy doses depending on the size, location and previous treatment of the metastases.
SBRT is used for the treatment of urological and gynaecological cancers, lung, intestinal, liver and breast cancer, and for the treatment of metastases of other cancers. In certain cases, SBRT can also be used as primary treatment for cancer.
Accurate information on aggressiveness and tumor staging form the basis for prostate cancer treatment
In western countries, prostate cancer is the most common cancer type in men. In its early stages, it is often...Read more
Should low-risk prostate cancer be left to active monitoring?
Active treatment vs. monitoring of localised low-risk prostate cancer has long been a contested topic. According to the results of...Read more
Docrates uses the newest drug therapies for breast cancer
New cancer drugs are being developed all the time, and new uses are being found for drugs already in use....Read more
“The future of cancer treatment” is already a reality in Finland – gene profiling may benefit all cancer patients
- Gene profiling is a new method for examining the characteristics of cancer tumors, which is currently useful in the...Read more
Why come to Docrates Cancer Center?
- Top cancer experts and effective treatments without delay.
- Individual care. You have your own care team - your doctor and your nurse.
- Front line cancer treatment. Latest medical technology combined with proven expertise in cancer care.
- Experience in treating international patients from over 60 countries. Multilingual personnel.